iPhone 12 Pro Max activation problem
porphyrogenitus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had to procure a replacement iPhone 12 Pro Max due to damages that rendered the phone useless. Included with the new phone was a new SIM card, which is technically activated now, but does not allow me to make calls or receive texts - particularly important ones, like Verizon verification codes.

Is there anything that can be done to circumvent the text message verification when switching to the new SIM card?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max activation problem
porphyrogenitus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out. I had to go to Settings > PhoneMy Number and make sure that it was my registered phone number. The country code (in my case, +1) should not be included - just the area code and the actual phone number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

porphyrogenitus, 

I am so sorry. It sounds like the phone is not actviated. If you cannot make calls, this would be the case. Did you reach out to us in any other way to activate the new SIM card?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
porphyrogenitus
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone's calls don't say anything about the phone not being activated, they simply fail every time I try to call someone.

No, I have not done so.

0 Likes
porphyrogenitus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out. I had to go to Settings > PhoneMy Number and make sure that it was my registered phone number. The country code (in my case, +1) should not be included - just the area code and the actual phone number.

0 Likes