iPhone 14 Pro Max not sending or receiving group messages
tgnumber8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps to get messages to work and currently I am only able send and receive messages to individual contacts. Group messages are failing to be delivered. I have tried all of the steps I could find via Apple and online. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 14 Pro Max not sending or receiving group messages
tgnumber8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a solution on Reddit that worked. You have to toggle off "allow photo and video messages" and toggle it back on again in My Verizon. You have to wait 5 minutes or so and restart the phone after waiting but it worked.

Here is a link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/zk9ak3/comment/j1mr96c/

View solution in original post

mwood434
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  New iPhone 14 pro max and all of a sudden I can't send or receive messages to/from a group if there is non-iphone user in the group.  I've gone through every troubleshooting step I can find and nothing is working.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, mwood434! We understand how important is for you to be able to send text messages always, so you can be in touch with your loved ones. To further assist you, I will be sending you PM, so we can check this out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, mwood434! We tried to reach you through PM, and it did not work. To get started, please send us PM, so we can check this out.

0 Likes
tgnumber8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a solution on Reddit that worked. You have to toggle off "allow photo and video messages" and toggle it back on again in My Verizon. You have to wait 5 minutes or so and restart the phone after waiting but it worked.

Here is a link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/zk9ak3/comment/j1mr96c/

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will get this fixed ASAP.  A private message is being sent to assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for letting us know! We're glad you were able to get your group messages working again. We're here if you need assistance with anything else. Let us know how we can help!

*Haley

0 Likes
glcarvelli
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked!!!

taylor9028

This is happening to us too—except on the iPhone 14 (not max). I’ve tried everything. 😞 Group messages are still not sending or receiving. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

taylor9028, I rely on text to communicate, so I know how important it is for group messages to work. We are here to work toward a resolution. It was mentioned that you have tried everything, so it sounds like you have tried all the general troubleshooting steps, such as checking settings, restarting the phone, etc. Next, we can re-sync the text features. Please check your private notes for assistance with that. 

-David