iPhone 7 and hot spot / VPN
HHU58

I had upgraded to iPhone 7 about 2-3  weeks ago. I am able to use the hotspot with laptop to connect to different web sites. I can use the VPN to connect to my work computer with home or office  Wi-Fi. But I am not able to make the same connection to my work computer when I use the Verizon iPhone 7 hotspot away from home.   I called Apple support last week and they referred me to Verizon.  Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 and hot spot / VPN
kristieq_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello H HU! Congrats on your new iPhone 7! I'm pleased to hear that you're enjoying your new phone. My apologies to hear of the issues you're having connecting to your work computer via your hotspot. Are you receiving any error messages while trying to connect? Do you see the iPhone 7 as an available connection? Is your work computer encrypted possibly? You may want to reach out to your work IT to inquire further. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 and hot spot / VPN
HHU58

Hi Kristie,

I have no problem in internet connection with hot spot to all web sites. It is only when I try to use the hotspot to make the VPN connection with my office when I am not home. The VPN works well with the home Wi Fi. I have talked with my IT Dept and they had rebooted the office server without success. I still can not make the connection.

I was reading the Verizon Wireless Community comment. One of the member mentioned of the lap tope may need a different password to use the Hotspot since it is a new phone. I am not sure how to change that. I also don’t understand that lap top recognizes the hotspot and let me use the internet with the hot spot already. Unless my office computer does NOT recognize the new iPhone 7 hot spot, in that case, I need to change the pass word in my lap top. The work computer is encrypted.

Do you know how to do that?

Sincerely Yours,

CT

0 Likes