Charged for unreturned equipment, UPS tracking shows delivered. Reps can't fix.
nitsuj001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi All

l am unfortunately posting my very negative experience with Verizon 5G home internet which is ongoing.

In August, I was approached to try out Verizon 5G home internet.  I was told that I could try it out for 30 days and would not be charged. A few days after receiving their router, I was not satisfied with the speeds so I called to cancel service and return the item.  Initially when I called, the service rep seemed confused about Verizon home internet even was.  After being put on hold a number of times, I was finally told  I would get a prepaid label and to ship the item back.  I did receive a label with a box that was entirely too small so I had to wrap and pack the package with my own materials.  The item was dropped off at UPS on 8/25/2022. 

A couple days after the item was shipped I received a bill for $80 (a month of service), I again called Verizon and then was told that I would not be charged IF I returned everything within 30 days, NOT that I could try everything for 30 days risk free.  This is not what was told to me but since I had already mailed the equipment I was then told it would work itself out. 

A few days later I received ANOTHER bill for a pro-rated amount reflecting the days my account was active.  Again this should not be a problem since I returned the equipment well within the 30 day window.

Today I got another notice saying I now owe $200 for un-returned equipment.  I still have the tracking number from when I shipped it back which shows it was delivered to the Returns Processing Center last month (It shows delivered on 8/30/2022).

I want to mention that every time I call Verizon the service reps seem unaware of what Verizon 5G home internet even is and I've been transferred back and forth between tech support and billing a number of times. 

I am not sure how or when this will get resolved but so far I am not happy with their customer service and sympathize with anyone else who has experienced something similar.

0 Likes
Re: Charged for unreturned equipment, UPS tracking shows delivered. Reps can't fix.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to provide you the support you need, and turn things around. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. *Angel

0 Likes
Re: Charged for unreturned equipment, UPS tracking shows delivered. Reps can't fix.
nitsuj001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Replying to my own post with an update:

I was told to msg verizon customer support.  After sending a message I was contacted by a helpful rep which tracked down my package and confirmed it was received.  I was told that it would take a few days for my support ticket to be dealt with and that I would not have to pay the charges.

Unfortunately I received another bill today, in the amount of $219 due in Oct.  Hopefully this bill was due to some automated system but as of now I do not consider my issue resolved.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the update. Please contact our Verizon Wireless Social Media Team via Twitter DM or Facebook Private Message for assistance with your account. *Brittany

0 Likes
nitsuj001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have received yet another bill regarding this issue.  Can someone please resolve this.

0 Likes
nitsuj001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another update.  I am still being billed.  My latest bill is for $19.00.  It appears that I have been credited for the return of the equipment but am now being charged for "service" (Sept 21 - Oct 20) even though the equipment was returned in August and my account has been cancelled since Sept.  The amount of time spent dealing with this has been unreasonable. 

0 Likes
Fraudulent charge sent to collections (6 months unresolved)
nitsuj001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi All

It has now been since September of 2022 and multiple conversations with Verizon service reps assuring me that the issue would be resolved.  After charging me for unreturned equipment and then confirming it was received and assuring me that the following billing cycles would correct the issue, my "bill" has now been sent to a collection agency Sequium Asset Solutions.     The original bill was $200, which was then corrected when the service rep confirmed the receipt of the returned equipment.  However I continued to receive bills which I promptly contacted Verizon about on more than one occasion.   Keep in mind the original offer was to try out Verizon Home internet for the first month free, which I was then told would only be free when you returned the equipment for a credit within the trial period (which I did).  The current amount is for $19.00 which I was told was  tax charged from my limited internet usage during the trial period for Verizon 5g Home internet.  

I've been contacted by reps Bee, Lisa, Eli, Zachary and Deanna" to name a few with no resolution.  

This is poor customer service and not acceptable.    I will continue to update until this is resolved.

Below is my original post made on 9/19/2022 which as since been inaccessible due to Verizon re-arranging their forum sections.

l am unfortunately posting my very negative experience with Verizon 5G home internet which is ongoing.

In August, I was approached to try out Verizon 5G home internet.  I was told that I could try it out for 30 days and would not be charged. A few days after receiving their router, I was not satisfied with the speeds so I called to cancel service and return the item.  Initially when I called, the service rep seemed confused about Verizon home internet even was.  After being put on hold a number of times, I was finally told  I would get a prepaid label and to ship the item back.  I did receive a label with a box that was entirely too small so I had to wrap and pack the package with my own materials.  The item was dropped off at UPS on 8/25/2022. 

A couple days after the item was shipped I received a bill for $80 (a month of service), I again called Verizon and then was told that I would not be charged IF I returned everything within 30 days, NOT that I could try everything for 30 days risk free.  This is not what was told to me but since I had already mailed the equipment I was then told it would work itself out. 

A few days later I received ANOTHER bill for a pro-rated amount reflecting the days my account was active.  Again this should not be a problem since I returned the equipment well within the 30 day window.

Today I got another notice saying I now owe $200 for un-returned equipment.  I still have the tracking number from when I shipped it back which shows it was delivered to the Returns Processing Center last month (It shows delivered on 8/30/2022).

I want to mention that every time I call Verizon the service reps seem unaware of what Verizon 5G home internet even is and I've been transferred back and forth between tech support and billing a number of times. 

I am not sure how or when this will get resolved but so far I am not happy with their customer service and sympathize with anyone else who has experienced something similar.

0 Likes
Charmarie87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hundreds of posts about the failings of Verizon's return process. If you speak to a rep, their customers are either stealing or there is some sort of UPS conspiracy happening. Mailed back a Google pixel for warranty replacement and a month later notified I was being charged $500 for an unreturned item.  UPS showed delivered. When I talked to support I was told they received a Samsung. Huh? She told me I needed to go back to the UPS store and find the phone. 

So someone opened the box on swapped their phone for a broken on? Huh? She said there was no mistake made by Verizon. Well you're clearly not in Fort Worth so how do you know that? Can you show me the package and phone you received? No? Verizon doesn't make mistakes? Your message boards say otherwise. Then send me back the phone you received because I need to file a police report for a stolen phone. No can't do that either? Hmm

Oh Becky is going to submit a ticket? More than a decade with a company that struggles this bad with inventory control?? Save yourself the trouble people, SWITCH! Most companies will pay off your device and give you incentives to switch. DO IT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Charmarie87, thank you for reaching out. I am going to send you a Private Note, so we can get to the bottom of this. 

*Kaylea

0 Likes
Charmarie87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Send all the private messages you want. But who out there has gotten this issue resolved? People are being sent to collections over this garbage. Drop Verizon everyone. I'll just be forwarding this bill to the fort worth warehouse address. Maybe a stack of mail will annoy them enough to get this process figured out.

0 Likes