Incorrect Bill Sent to Collections
Taters12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was billed for a month of service after my phone had been cancelled and disconnected.  To be clear, my $14.25 bill was set to autopay and I was assured that no additional bills would be sent when the service ended.  I received a bill in the mail and then called to dispute it.  I was told that it was pretty clear this was an error, that it would be escalated, and to ignore the bill.  I never heard anything back.  I called back today to check on it and was transferred to an outside collections department without the CSR even telling me that it was happening.  I am posting this here as it seems like the only way to get this cleared up at this point.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m saddened you’ve been having trouble with this billing situation Taters12. We’ve sent a Private Note so that we can assist further.

-John

0 Likes
Taters12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received your message and have replied.  Thanks

0 Likes
Taters12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called the Verizon "Specialized Team" and after giving the automated answering service my account number it transferred me to collections.  After 3 more calls trying various menus I finally got a person.  That person told me the bill was past due from 6 months before I cancelled my account.  I tried to explain that the original bill shows it for a time when the account wasn't active, she assured me it was actually for 6 months prior.  I paid the bill and now just consider it a "tax" for dealing with Verizon.  This forum appears to be the only place you can deal directly with a person on your first try.

0 Likes