Setting up Autopay
mhq

I just ordered the FiOS 300Mbps yesterday, and I've done almost everything that I should've done at this point (e.g. arranged an installation date, etc) -- however, I am still unable to access 'Billing' on my Verizon account, and therefore, I am unable to set up AutoPay. I am attempting to set up AutoPay before my first bill. Is this possible?

0 Likes
Re: Setting up Autopay
jonjones1
Legend

@mhq wrote:

I just ordered the FiOS 300Mbps yesterday, and I've done almost everything that I should've done at this point (e.g. arranged an installation date, etc) -- however, I am still unable to access 'Billing' on my Verizon account, and therefore, I am unable to set up AutoPay. I am attempting to set up AutoPay before my first bill. Is this possible?

Probably not. Autopay does not work the first time since it takes Verizon time to get it added.

now I do not advocate “autopay” for any reason. Having a company taking control of your bank or credit account is not advisable. A credit card is easy to charge back but a bank account is a little more work.

i recommend you use the onetime payment feature from the app or from the web portal and pay it that way to safeguard your money. Just pay it a few days prior to the due date and you get a receipt very quickly. 

Or if near a verizon corporate location (no resellers like Best Buy etc) they have a kiosk to make same day payments. 

0 Likes