Travel Pass vs. International Plan
Scribbles128

I am presently in Sicily, Italy.  Before i left the States, I signed up for the $40.00 per month International plan: 100 texts, 100 min calls, 100 mb data.  When I got here, I got a text message and then a message from Verizon saying that Travel Pass had been activated.  Do I need both?  Which one should I be using?  Am I paying for both?  If I need to use maps and want to do some texting, which is better for me? I am so confused

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Travel Pass vs. International Plan
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Scribbles128​, we hope you are enjoying your time in Sicily. As for your current International Plan options, the Travel Pass will always have precedence when both are present. Both plans are great when traveling, however with Travel Pass you are charged  $10 a day and trigged for a 24 hour session when an outgoing/Incoming call is received and is answered, when sending an outgoing text and when data usage including background data/automatic updates. Click on the link to learn more International Trip Planner | Verizon Wireless  and keep us posted for any additional questions.

Happy Travels.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Scribbles128​, we hope you are enjoying your time in Sicily. As for your current International Plan options, the Travel Pass will always have precedence when both are present. Both plans are great when traveling, however with Travel Pass you are charged  $10 a day and trigged for a 24 hour session when an outgoing/Incoming call is received and is answered, when sending an outgoing text and when data usage including background data/automatic updates. Click on the link to learn more International Trip Planner | Verizon Wireless  and keep us posted for any additional questions.

Happy Travels.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
kentcokwl

Travel Pass kicks in but I was only able to get data -- NO voice.  I tried calling many times to try to arrange for a rental car and none  of the calls would go through!!!  I tried the 011, the +, and all the options listed to call from Italy internally.  What a pain!!  Waste of money!!  Got e-mails but who cares when you are trying to commiunicate in rea time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read about the experience you had with making calls while using TravelPass,  kentcowl. Calling is very convenient when doing many things, and we are sad that you were not able to use your service. Were other services working okay? What would happen when you tried to place a call?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes