Input Errors IP Address - Router g3100
mwhite49

Hello,

I have a g3100 fios quantum gateway router an i was trying to create a static ip addresss and received a error message saying  'Input Errors IP Address: IP Address already exists in Fios Home Router database.' and 'IP Address: IP Address already exists in Fios Home Router's Database'

Is there a work around of this issue? I tried rebooting the router and still get the same issue.

Ty

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Input Errors IP Address - Router g3100
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Starting point ... change the DHCP address range in your network configuration section for the Home network to not include all addresses (.2 thru .254).  Use perhaps .50 thru .200.      This will leave address .2 thru .49 sand .201 thru .254 for use as static IP address (assuming you mean a DHCP reservation).

Then, use an address that has not already been handed out as the static you want to assign.   Even if it's outside the DHCP range, a static reservation will still honor the request and give it your desired address.

If you're getting a MAC address error, you have to go find the device on the "Network" page and delete it from there first.

View solution in original post

Edrockvz
Enthusiast - Level 3

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to create a second public IP address on your WAN? If so, FiOS only comes with 1 dynamic fully routable IP address to my knowledge. If you need more than one, you will have to contact verizon, and possibly switch to a business account.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Starting point ... change the DHCP address range in your network configuration section for the Home network to not include all addresses (.2 thru .254).  Use perhaps .50 thru .200.      This will leave address .2 thru .49 sand .201 thru .254 for use as static IP address (assuming you mean a DHCP reservation).

Then, use an address that has not already been handed out as the static you want to assign.   Even if it's outside the DHCP range, a static reservation will still honor the request and give it your desired address.

If you're getting a MAC address error, you have to go find the device on the "Network" page and delete it from there first.