Re: Unable (?) to Use a UPS With My ONT
CellDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

I'll try calling Verizon and let you know what they tell me.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

That was an oversight on my part. 😞

Either way, the device marked battery backup is actually the ONT's power supply. Plug that into the UPS and you'll be all set. 🙂

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here is the Power Reserve's product page:

https://www.verizon.com/home/accessories/powerreserve/

CellDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

With all due respect to you ...

the PowerReserve in your link uses 12 D batteries. The battery backup I have isn't big enough to hold that many batteries or deep enough to fit a D battery. Also, my battery backup (if that's what it really is - I was just presuming) has no hinges to provide easy access to the batteries. I would have to take mine off the wall and open it with a screwdriver, if possible.

What I've got - whatever it is - has a reset button and a small, round receptacle for what looks like a 9 volt connector. (Maybe there are 9V batteries inside?) Nothing else on the device.

Once I solve the mystery (to me) of what that is, I'll report back.

0 Likes
CellDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

And the answer - according to Verizon - is:

The box that I called a battery backup is actually not a battery backup at all. Rather, it is the power supply for the ONT. And it's perfectly safe to plug the power supply into a UPS. Problem solved.

By calling that box a battery backup, I confused the people who have been trying to help me. I'm very sorry for that, and I appreciate your efforts to help.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Simple "plug & play" solution. 🙂

Completely optional:

Once a month, I briefly I unplug each of my UPSs from the electrical outlets to make sure that they will function properly in the event of a real power failure.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes