Re: Filter Channels in Guide
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you'd like to vote on this idea, you can do so here.

0 Likes
Jeprox1

"Go back to DirecTV?  "   How can you say that to another user ? 

I used to have DirecTV and I like the way I can easily access the channels I really like. The only reason I moved to FIOS is the speed of their internet. 

Maybe Verizon should start improving the interface on the remote !

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Well if I remember correctly, there will be a subscribed channels option setting, but still part of the favorites. I can't say when. You should be able to select all subscribed channels in the favorites settings. Then take out the ones you don't want in the list. I believe this is a good option as opposed to removing the channels from the default guide. If you remove the channels, how would you get to view the free premium channel previews that come out. FiOS is different that DTV, and other providers, that is what sets them apart. You are able to switch between favorites with a simple push of the remote button. If you have remote access to the DVR, it makes setting up favorites much easier. One of the best features of the remote DVR access. I just hope we can soon program box settings for all out boxes remotely. Like Favorites and Parental controls on the regular STBs. Don't know if this is coming or not.

I would not want anyone to go back to DTV, but I do have two SAT boxes and a basic foreign language package from DTV on two of my TVs. Just to get a hand full of channels. Yes I did complain and asked for them to be added.  But.

"Because complaining about the way FiOS handles things differently from DirecTV is not going to make things change on FiOS, at least not in the near future (at least as far as I know) and maybe for a long time. You can take the time to accept what it is and use it the best way you can, or you will be unhappy with FiOS forever."

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over ten years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes