Full Guide - Error Launching Guide
belscrog1
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are a few posts in the forum from folks with this error where it was intermittent or solved by rebooting. I have had several days of no guide at all (with the "Error Launching Guide" error) after many years of no problems. I've tried unplugging the ONT, router, MoCA bridge, and STB all at the same time and reconnecting a couple of times with no change. This is new in the last two days but consistently off. 

I have a tp-link Archer A10 router, Actiontec ECB6200 MoCA bridge, and the Arris 4100 STB. The diagnostic messages (attached below) seem normal to me (except the ZIP code). I blanked out the WAN IP, but it's correct. Also, in the Menu, the Sports Guide and On-Demand have show tiles that appear correct.

Any thoughts? Is there something in the diagnostic messages that I'm interpreting incorrectly that indicates one of those components went out? Thanks in advance.

IMG_2891.jpgIMG_2888.jpgIMG_2889.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Reply
1 Solution
belscrog3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying again, I managed to get a new box, which solved the problem. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@belscrog1 wrote:

There are a few posts in the forum from folks with this error where it was intermittent or solved by rebooting. I have had several days of no guide at all (with the "Error Launching Guide" error) after many years of no problems. I've tried unplugging the ONT, router, MoCA bridge, and STB all at the same time and reconnecting a couple of times with no change. This is new in the last two days but consistently off. 

I have a tp-link Archer A10 router, Actiontec ECB6200 MoCA bridge, and the Arris 4100 STB. The diagnostic messages (attached below) seem normal to me (except the ZIP code). I blanked out the WAN IP, but it's correct. Also, in the Menu, the Sports Guide and On-Demand have show tiles that appear correct.

Any thoughts? Is there something in the diagnostic messages that I'm interpreting incorrectly that indicates one of those components went out? Thanks in advance.

IMG_2891.jpgIMG_2888.jpgIMG_2889.jpg


Everything looks OK, could be a bad Fios box, or possibly a bad splitter that is marginal, but not affecting the SNR enough to show up. I'd try replacing the splitters first, and if that doesn't help see if Verizon will replace the box. Also does the guide work on the IPC or is that having the same error?

belscrog2
Enthusiast - Level 1

@clem21 wrote:

Everything looks OK, could be a bad Fios box, or possibly a bad splitter that is marginal, but not affecting the SNR enough to show up. I'd try replacing the splitters first, and if that doesn't help see if Verizon will replace the box. Also does the guide work on the IPC or is that having the same error?

Thanks for the reply. No splitters except the MoCA bridge (ONT is in the house) and we've just got the one TV so I can't really test anything else. Guess I'll be navigating support for a new box. Thanks again!

 

0 Likes
Reply
belscrog2
Enthusiast - Level 1

@belscrog2 wrote:

@clem21 wrote:

Everything looks OK, could be a bad Fios box, or possibly a bad splitter that is marginal, but not affecting the SNR enough to show up. I'd try replacing the splitters first, and if that doesn't help see if Verizon will replace the box. Also does the guide work on the IPC or is that having the same error?

Thanks for the reply. No splitters except the MoCA bridge (ONT is in the house) and we've just got the one TV so I can't really test anything else. Guess I'll be navigating support for a new box. Thanks again!

 


Update on this. After spending over an hour on the phone, they refused to send a new box, and the supervisor would only press to rent me the verizon router. He seemed to have no idea what a MoCA bridge was. I'll be canceling the TV service. Awesome job, verizon.

 

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@belscrog2 wrote:

@belscrog2 wrote:

@clem21 wrote:

Everything looks OK, could be a bad Fios box, or possibly a bad splitter that is marginal, but not affecting the SNR enough to show up. I'd try replacing the splitters first, and if that doesn't help see if Verizon will replace the box. Also does the guide work on the IPC or is that having the same error?

Thanks for the reply. No splitters except the MoCA bridge (ONT is in the house) and we've just got the one TV so I can't really test anything else. Guess I'll be navigating support for a new box. Thanks again!

 


Update on this. After spending over an hour on the phone, they refused to send a new box, and the supervisor would only press to rent me the verizon router. He seemed to have no idea what a MoCA bridge was. I'll be canceling the TV service. Awesome job, verizon.

 


Sorry to hear this. I know you need a Verizon router to initialize the Fios box, but after that you can use your own equipment. Could the box have never been registered properly?You could use an ancient Fios router to do it, doesn't have to be a current one.

belscrog3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying again, I managed to get a new box, which solved the problem. Thanks again!

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@belscrog3 wrote:

Trying again, I managed to get a new box, which solved the problem. Thanks again!


Thanks for posting the resolution.