Paramount+
Hardcor6000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the Paramount+ with Showtime and finally trying to watch Paramount. Downloaded app but cant even find a way to register to sign in. Was hoping it would give me a way to sign in with provider but nope! How can I watch Paramount+???? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Paramount+
JEL350
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you bought  a new service package or an upgrade to Fios Home plan, you probably got snookered just as I did. 

After trying to log on to Paramount+ with Showtime via my Verizon credentials for a few days, I spent a few hours with Verizon Chat today and yesterday.  Turns out that all you get with the Paramount+ with Showtime feature is what you can watch on your TV.   I finally got an agent today who said that Verizon just "rebranded" the Paramount+ with Showtime feature, but didn't make true streaming part of the deal.   I can see no real advantage to the consumer for this "feature", though it sure sounds good.  

Slippery and mysterious, but effective in terms of boosting sales ...  

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Hardcor6000 wrote:

I have had the Paramount+ with Showtime and finally trying to watch Paramount. Downloaded app but cant even find a way to register to sign in. Was hoping it would give me a way to sign in with provider but nope! How can I watch Paramount+???? 

What device are you trying to watch Paramount+ on?  Were you able to login to Showtime with no issues?

0 Likes
Hardcor6000
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my Samsung tv. I have no Showtime app to log into. If I’m paying for it , can’t understand why this is such an issue to watch Paramount+. FIOS support no real help at all either. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Hardcor6000 wrote:

On my Samsung tv. I have no Showtime app to log into. If I’m paying for it , can’t understand why this is such an issue to watch Paramount+. FIOS support no real help at all either. 

Which Fios boxes do you have, and is your TV able to download apps?

0 Likes
Hardcor6000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the app to the tv but asks for login name and password. I never even registered bit it is in extras I’m paying for. I have the dvr main box in the bedroom. Don’t know why this is not working. You would think FIOS would provide info on signing in. Paramount site says no way to sign in through third party provider. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Hardcor6000 wrote:

I downloaded the app to the tv but asks for login name and password. I never even registered bit it is in extras I’m paying for. I have the dvr main box in the bedroom. Don’t know why this is not working. You would think FIOS would provide info on signing in. Paramount site says no way to sign in through third party provider. 

Usually when the app launches it asks which provider you use. You check Verizon, then it will send you a code you have to input to a website for Paramount+ on another device like a tablet or phone. Once that is accepted you shouldn't be prompted on that device again.

0 Likes
Hardcor6000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, no choice for provider. 
just e-mail and password sign in. All the more reason to cit the cord on this cable.Pure garbage.

0 Likes
Hardcor6000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, no choice for provider. 
just e-mail and password sign in. All the more reason to cut the cord on this cable. Pure garbage.

0 Likes
JEL350
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you bought  a new service package or an upgrade to Fios Home plan, you probably got snookered just as I did. 

After trying to log on to Paramount+ with Showtime via my Verizon credentials for a few days, I spent a few hours with Verizon Chat today and yesterday.  Turns out that all you get with the Paramount+ with Showtime feature is what you can watch on your TV.   I finally got an agent today who said that Verizon just "rebranded" the Paramount+ with Showtime feature, but didn't make true streaming part of the deal.   I can see no real advantage to the consumer for this "feature", though it sure sounds good.  

Slippery and mysterious, but effective in terms of boosting sales ...  

Hardcor6000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the same and now this just confirms what I figured. Thank you for the reply. Cheaper to go to Paramount/ Showtime alone- which is what I will do.

Thanks again for your input.