Unable to program Fios remote for 2022 TCL tv
marianhprice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Smart Google TV – 55S446 TCL tv and am unable to program the Fios remote with the TCL  code (668). I also tried the programming search and the remote still would not pair. Are the newer models not compatible to program with the Fios remote?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to program Fios remote for 2022 TCL tv
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@marianhprice

I assume this is your remote:

How to program your remote control

Please read all instructions before starting.

1. Press the OK and Fios TV buttons at the same time. Release both buttons and the red light on the remote will blink twice and stay on.
  2. Next, press and release the Play/Pause button once every second until the remote finds the right code and your TV shuts off. When the TV shuts off, stop pressing the Play/Pause button.
  3. Press the TV Power button on the remote to turn the TV on. If the TV turns on, press OK to save.

TV won't turn on? 
    Press the Channel Down button once every second until it turns on. Then press OK to save.

If it does not work using this process, try 180 for the code.

https://support.tcl.com/us-remote-codes/614333

@marianhprice
marianhprice
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello, yes, that is my remote, I did try that, that was what i meant when i said i tried to pair it using the remotes searching feature. i held the remote in search mode for 5 minutes and the tv did not respond

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@marianhprice wrote:

hello, yes, that is my remote, I did try that, that was what i meant when i said i tried to pair it using the remotes searching feature. i held the remote in search mode for 5 minutes and the tv did not respond

Did you try using the code 180 directly? That was from TCL support.

marianhprice
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi, yes, sorry and ty, i didn't see that when i first replied, unfortunately code 180 didn't work either

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@marianhprice wrote:

hi, yes, sorry and ty, i didn't see that when i first replied, unfortunately code 180 didn't work either

Ok, try 688.

Look here:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/fios-tv-technical-assistance/remote-control/td-p/902316

marianhprice
Enthusiast - Level 2

i may have mis-typed the code above, but i tried both 668 and 688, neither worked, also tried searching with the remote again for 10 minutes straight of pressing play/pause after pressing zero and ok together, nothing is working

Stevenhershkowitz

Hi. Did you ever figure out how to do this. I can't program my remote to my new TCL tv. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to start a new conversation on the most relevant board. Thanks!