I had a $200 gift card offer available with my FIOS service. I clicked on teh links provided to redeem the cards and selected for them both to be received via email. One showed up in the mail as a physical card. The other never showed up. I went through
The following steps to receive it:
1. Contacted customer service through chat
2. Chat told me to call card services
3. Card services told me to call the company that issue the card
4. The company that issues the card told me to check my junk email for "verizon-notification.com" because that is where the card would come from
5. I never found the email so called card services again they said they would issue a new one in 72 hours
6. That email never came after 72 hours so I called again and asked for it to be mailed. The rep said they cannot mail it because it was an egift card. They said they would issue another card in 72 hours and to use another email address which I provided. That card never came either.
7. I tried clicking the link on My Verizon page because it said my card was not redeemed yet. When I click the link (which is still there today) it says "page not found"
8. Finally I searched through my junk folder for 10/22 not filtering by "verizon-notification.com" which the rep told me to do but by scrolling through every email in my junk folder. I found an email instead that came from Verizon@HAWKMARKETPLACE.COM which did have the gift card number.
This was a total time investment of 8 hours stretched across one month.
I wanted to redeem the gift card for a WiFi extender. I was told the only way I could do that was by charging the extender to my account, canceling my auto pay and then using my gift cards for payment. Then I would need to turn auto pay back on after. I had multiple issues ordering the extender as I posted in my other message which are still not resolved. I have never had a more difficult customer service experience in all my life. I never had these issues with Xfinity and I thought I would never be saying that.
DID YOU CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL ON YOUR VERIZON ACCOUNT OR JUST WITH THE GIFT CARD ISSUER WHEN YOU FINALLY FOUND THE E MAIL WITH THE GIFT CARD NUMBER WAS IT THE UPGRADED EMAIL OR THE OLD ONE
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of this page. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.