Wires down
Ronniemack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wind has caused tree damage and there are two Verizon wires down.  How do I report this for a repair or service call?  I am on the phone to try to call it in but still waiting aftetr 30 minutes . . .maybe Verizon is overloaded with service requests?

0 Likes
55 Replies
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
Jessiegirl

There are wires hanging down from the overhead wires/pole in front of my house and going across the street. They do not appear to be live and I have my power. I think they are the extra wires they have up there with the live ones. Can somebody please come and take a look and either reattach them or take them down.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jessiegirl,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Brokk

I have the same issue.  No way to reach Verizon during off hours to report wires down.  We are all trapped here at this multi family house with a tree tangled up with FIOS wires across the driveway blocking us in.  Since Verizon is making it impossible to reach them, I'm going out there with my chainsaw tomorrow morning and hope for the best.  You'd think there would be one number, like the power company has, to report downed wires.  I guess Verizon doesn't really care that much about them.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Brokk,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
ccwb
Enthusiast - Level 1
During a recent storm an old phone line was down and is hanging in my backyard. Is there an easy way to notify Verizon? I tried calling customer service and waited over a half hour with no representative. Thanks,
donwiss

The easiest way to reach repair is to start a chat here:

https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/encore/VZCTC.serv?appid=1217

Good luck!

0 Likes
Lisana
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a very dangerous situation with Verizon wire down, and no service whatsoever. 

I had an appt for 3/10/18 btw 2-4pm, no one showed up or texted. We gave Verizon another chance as we were told today ( at 9 am) we would definetly have it corrected today(3/11). At 2:30 when I finally got through was told Verizon can’t make it, have to reschedule for 3/16??? WHAT??? You don’t show up after we waited home for two days, offer no explanation and want me to reschedule. Been a residential and business customer for 9 years. Horrible customer service. I had my power back in less time and effort. Time to call Optimum. 

0 Likes
donwiss

It certainly is hard to report wires down!The first time I called I got the copper people. I was told to try again and get the FiOS people. I have been on hold now for one hour and 50 minutes. Taking me past my bedtime.

The wires between my mom's house (she's 96) and the street are down. She is in Short Hills, NJ. It should not be so hard to report wires down.

0 Likes
donwiss

I found a chat facility to report the wires down. It was:

Chat ID for this session is {edited for privacy}.

The rep responded that the earliest date was March 27th, that is 15 days away! If my 96 year old mom has a medical problem, I guess she just dies.

He checked, and that is the best date he could do.

Abysmal service. The power company is bringing in techs from as far away as Texas to get the wires back. It appears that Verizon isn't moving anyone around to repair the storm damage.

0 Likes
splater46

After a power outage, I am unable to connect to any TV channels and I have no internet access. I was able to determine the source of the problem which is my ONT is not receiving power. After waiting 2 hours on hold I was informed that I was going to have to wait for a verizon technician to fix the issue. This is fine and all but when I was told the earlierst appointment is 3/22 its just crazy. Is there any way to expedite this or am i forced to wait all that time? If so, is my bill going to be the same even though ill be without any service for half a month?

Any help would be appreciated here.

Thanks

0 Likes
bcoffman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just phoned Verizon support this afternoon (3/10) at 800-837-4966 about the wire from the pole to my house which was hit by a falling branch. After dialing the number there were 5-10 seconds of "dead air"  before an automated response asked for the nature of my problem. After I gave a brief explanation I was immediately connected to a live person in Syracuse NY who took my information and said a repair person would be out to fix it between 12-2 PM tomorrow. 

I'm pleased with the rapid response but it remains to be seen if someone actually shows up tomorrow and fixes it!

0 Likes
bcoffman
Enthusiast - Level 2

*******UPDATE TO MY POST YESTERDAY(3/10/18)********

Very courteous and knowledgeable repairmen arrived as promised shortly after 12 PM today (3/11/18) and fixed my wires. Very happy with Verizon's quick response!!

0 Likes

We aren't supposed to get a hold of Verizon.

That's why we're getting disconnected.

Forget it.

Recognize they don't have a Service Department and by the way, make sure you pay your bill on time! Or they may disconnect your service, oh wait, you said a storm knocked down your line, you don't have service so they can't disconnect you, but they can charge you!

0 Likes
NAP3

I had my cable wire ripped from my house.  Have been trying all day yesteray to get in contact with FIOS to no avail.  HELP

0 Likes
Mikdel

Need help contacting someone about downed lines in my driveway. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT!! ??

0 Likes
DVM63

Same problem.   Waited on the phone from 1.5 hours.  No one answered.  The way it got resolved was when I signed up for these forums to complain and had to type in my plan name while signing up.

I brought up another window to find out what my plan is and a chat session popped up.  I said that I was not in the mood to buy anything from Verizon because of being on hold for 1.5 hours and was immediately transferred to a super-efficient trouble reporting person.  They took all my information, generated a trouble ticket and scheduled a tech call 2 days from now.  I was sent an SMS message to confirm everything.   This took 10 minutes as opposed to never being able to talk to anyone on the phone.

0 Likes
Dmonty1

I agree it should not be this hard to report a downed line. I have 300’+- down on my street. Came out this morning to kids playing with them. 

0 Likes
Sbpsbpsbp

Since the storm on the east coast on 3/2 we lost power for a bit 1-2 minutes and flickering for a while after, power came back not fios. No tv no internet. The ONT power light on but no other lights. Set top box reset flashes and went blank. Router shows red color on the globe, white color on the WiFi signal. Phone connect to WiFi logo but can’t get to any website. Tried fios app. Several times w hard reset on ONT. Not resolved. Finally got thru to tech support who said my ONT is defected. On hold for cust service several time up to 2 hours. Useless. The support said no outage in my area. The messenger said outage in the area even chat w them. Very confusing. Finally decided to get tech guy to come out, have to wait 4 days. Can someone tell me what’s going on? My zip 02460. Really going to switch if this is not resolved. Neighbor uses Comcast. No problem. Or looking into RCN. Anyone have recommendation? Thanks. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the said ont is defective, are they scheduling a replacement?

0 Likes