4G Network Extender Error 32 Random Times
dsm1cxm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Always had terrible cell service, I live in a valley, its understandable. Always had slow DSL internet, so no network extender would work. Recently got starlink, its been a game-changer for internet, so I called Verizon and ordered a 4G Network Extender. Setup was easy, GPS not the greatest but it gets signals, runs, and gives me 5 bars through my whole house. HOWEVER, it often disconnects with an error 32. The only fix is to reboot the extender. This is bad when I'm going about my business and notice its offline, and I check the logs and see its been that way most of the day. This morning I woke up and discovered I didn't have service (cell) 87% of the time while sleeping. That sounds unimportant, unless somebody is trying to call me for an emergency. It will work fine for a day or two, then go offline 2-4 times in a day. I do know starlink can/will drop signal occasionally, but it also keeps very detailed logs, and the starlink downtime NEVER matches up with the extender offline times, plus the amount of reports I see from.other people makes me think its not just me. Why can't the extender firmware try to reconnect when it goes offline? Anybody found a solution? The only errors I get are #32, and when it works it seems to work well (I never have the voicemail issue I see people with). Thanks...

Labels (1)
6 Replies
sjineug
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issues. My old extender worked for 8 months then I started losing connectivity. The replacement extender (From Verizon) has the same issues that my old extender started having.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, sjineug. We know how important having a working Network Extender is. We have sent you a Private Message to assist you further with the connection issue you are experiencing. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get reliable service at home, dsm1cxm. You shared some very important information. You mention that you have a new internet service provider that is a game-changer for you. We have very good option that will most likely resolve your service concerns. Smartphones include a free feature called WiFi Calling that does exactly the same thing as a Network Extender as it works with your home internet service. Please turn on the WiFi Calling feature on your phone as per the "Using WiFi Calling" section at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/) and test. I am confident that this feature will also be a game-changer for your wireless service experience. Don't forget to unplug the Network Extender when you test this feature. Keep us posted. Antonio

0 Likes
tbrosz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the Extender precisely because my WiFi Calling was not reliable. My phone had a great deal of trouble deciding whether to try to pull in that one bar outside, or use WiFi Calling, and usually crapped out on both.

The whole point of the LTE Extender was to simulate an actual cell tower in my home, but it keeps tripping out on Error 32, which I don't even understand.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Generally when Wi-Fi Calling is not working well, nor will a Network Extender, as these are similar but not same functions, and the Network Extender utilizes that same Wi-Fi. 

Please run a Speed Test, and see if you are receiving sufficient enough speeds for the Network Extender to function.

Our FAQ for the Network Extender can be located here: https://www.verizon.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/.

First we want to make sure it has sufficient speeds that can support it. You can that there too, but I will include that information here

• What type of internet connection do I need for the LTE Network Extender?

The 4G LTE Network Extender works with connections that provide a minimum broadband speed of 10 Mbps downlink and 5 Mbps uplink. However, a broadband connection of 20 Mbps downlink or 10 Mbps uplink or higher is recommended.

"

Please provide us with the speeds you are receiving to ensure you are receiving the speeds required. As we want to make sure this is the best option available. *Gert

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Generally when Wi-Fi Calling is not working well, nor will a Network Extender, as these are similar but not same functions, and the Network Extender utilizes that same Wi-Fi. 

.   .   .

*Gert

No, the Network Extender DOES NOT use Wi-Fi.  It DOES use the same internet connection but NOT Wi-Fi.  Maybe that was what you were implying but doing so causes confusion.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...