Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Will texting while in Jamaica be covered?
leahtoo

I am visiting Jamaica.  The resort has wifi.   Is texting while in Jamaica covered?  What about over the wifi or wifi calling from the resort?

0 Likes
Re: is texting jamaica included in my unlimited plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

leahtoo

We want to make sure that you stay connected while you're internationally traveling in Jamaica. The Wi-Fi Calling feature is available at no additional charge, and is included in your existing monthly voice plan. However, an international call will be billed at the roaming rate of $1.79 per minute for that country. A Wi-Fi Calling icon will appear on your screen during the call to confirm that it is using Wi-Fi to connect it. If the call is using the Verizon or a roaming network, standard voice charges apply.

Will you be traveling on a cruise ship? If so, please be advised that the cruise ship rate for placing/receiving calls is $2.99 per minute. 

Click the link below to access the Trip Planner which will allow you to choose the best plan for your wireless needs when internationally traveling in Jamaica. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
leahtoo

what about texting?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's a great question, Leahtoo. International Pay As You Go rates for texts in Jamaica are $0.50 to send both SMS and MMS Messages, $0.05 to receive SMS messages, and $0.25 to receive MMS messages. PeterP_VZW

0 Likes