More intermittent issues with texts, service, coverage.
RacingGreen
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am in Greenville, South Carolina and have been having intermittent problems with very spotty VZ service. Sometimes texts are sent, sometimes I get repeated messages that the phone cannot connect. Sometimes, in the middle of texting with someone, I suddenly cannot receive messages any more, especially if photos or links are attached. Typically this 'outage' will last at least several hours.

I am using a Nokia Icon; my neighbor has similar issues and uses an iPhone on VZ.

What is wrong with the coverage here that makes it so unreliable?

Labels (1)
Re: More intermittent issues with texts, service, coverage.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that service issues can be frustrating RacingGreen. Sending and receiving text is very important to staying connected. Whats your zipcode and phone model? We can try a few different trouble-shooting steps. The first is a SIM card pull. Make sure the phone is off before performing this step. If you have an Iphone, we can try resetting the network settings. We look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
RacingGreen
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I indicated in the original post, I am using a Nokia Lumia Icon -> which is actually an XLTE-ready device.

I am in zip code 29615, which is advertised to have solid 4g / LTE and XLTE coverage. I typically do not get more than a 1-bar connection. This is true throughout the neighborhood, indoors and out. I recently moved here and got much better connections at my previous home (in another state.)

Reseating the sim card has no effect. I welcome any other suggestions. It would also be helpful just to be told I live in a part of town with inferior service, despite what the coverage map indicates, if that is the case.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification RacingGreen. When did this issue first start happening with the text messages and the coverage issues? Has your phone completed any recent software updates by chance? Has there ever been any network tickets opened for you to test the area for coverage issues? We do want to get to the bottom of this issue for you.

CandiceH_VW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Chino266
Enthusiast - Level 3

i know the feeling i have the same issue and the lack of customer service makes it worse. they know it is a issue with iPhone 5s but they rather send me the same unit over and over even if that s not gonna fix it. they told me that they will replace it till we get one that works to me that looks like your just gonna do that till i just get tired. i ask them to let me replace the phone i will give them my phone back they refused. so a buddy of mine let me try his tmobile service and wow let me show u the difference.will submit pictures.and they also promised to pay off my contract if i switch over i don't wanna leave but with customer service like this it makes me upset.

0 Likes
Chino266
Enthusiast - Level 3

IMG_1054.pngIMG_5286.png

0 Likes
RacingGreen
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem has occurred off and on since July of this year. I just moved herein May so cannot offer much help with when it might have begun.

My neighbor also has the problem using an iPhone, also on Verizon. My husband does not have any problem and is using an Android device on ATT. Given this small pattern, I tend to think it is a Verizon coverage issue.

No recent software updates (which is a completely different issue since Verizon is withholding release of the WP8.1 update that I should be getting.)

No tickets have been opened - this is my first formal report. Thanks very much - hoping you can help.

0 Likes
RacingGreen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Chino 266 --

Not sure what you want from me but if you are convinced t-mobile is such a better deal, go for it.

Otherwise I suggest you contact VZ customer service directly because, unless we live in the same neighborhood, the assistance they are giving me won't help you.

0 Likes
Chino266
Enthusiast - Level 3

had the same issue you had its a Verizon issue and lack of customer assistance is what you will receive from them i am living proof good luck with that tho. you can't make 3 way calls with the iPhone and the signal is pretty bad and they refuse to help just wanted to let u know what ur walking into good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chino266,

I am truly sorry to hear you are having service issues. Are you also in the zipcode 29615? If not, what zipcode are you in? Do you have service issues indoors and out? Have you always had issues in this area? Has the SIM card also been replaced with the devices?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes