Basic text msgs from Message+ app with Network Extender require data?
ceroley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently turned on and updated the Verizon Message+ application built into my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 bloatware package because I read it offers one the ability to send and receive MMS messages when only a wi-fi signal is available.  In addition, because I live in a "marginal coverage area" Verizon supplied me a Samsung Network Extender at no charge.  After changing to the Message+ application I can no longer send a short, basic text message without an active WI-FI or mobile data connection when in range of the Verizon Network Extender.  Outside of the Network Extender range I can send basic text message without an active WI-FI or mobile data connection. (When I was using the Android Messages application built into the Note 4's software I could send basic text messages without a WI-FI or mobile data connection when in range of the Network Extender.)

Please advise if there is one or more settings that can be changed to allow basic text messages to be sent without activating WI-FI or mobile data when within range of the Network Extender.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Basic text msgs from Message+ app with Network Extender require data?
Snn5
Legend

The Extender is basically using itself to send all communications via home internet router.  I found it did not work very well with my 4G LTE phone as even with a weak signal, the phone fought with the extender and the network.  I think it might have worked better if I was much farther from a 4G signal and closer to a 3G.

0 Likes