DT Ignite malware?
PortalX
Enthusiast - Level 2

First verizon started modifying everyone's internet traffic with a "tracking cookie" which was bad enough. Now the permissions for this DT Ignite malware thing is beyond being an invasion of privacy. You do not have an option to opt out of installing it. As soon as the new update installed on my phone it started installing crap games and apps. This malware was installed on my phone without my permission and I want it gone. Has anyone come up with a way to  safely delete this yet?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: DT Ignite malware?
Snn5
Legend

What phone are you using?  I have read about this, but have never seen it or its symptoms on any Verizon phone I have ever owned.

0 Likes
PortalX
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's on a Note 4. I did an OTA update today and it installed DT Ignite.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Hmmmm, I'm on 5.0.2 and have heard of this DTIgnite starting a couple iterations of Android OS in the past.  Maybe it is selective to devices and or manufacturers.

DT Ignite Detect & Disable - Android Apps on Google Play

One of the first 4 reviews states 5 stars for his Note 4.

According to the app, I don't have DT Ignote installed.  YMMV.

Screenshot_2015-07-17-19-59-13.png

0 Likes
Tfrays

Go into settings and then app manager. Find DT Ignite and disable that puppy. It will cause more issues than you can shake a stick at. For instance it downloads CM security onto some devices and has literally caused them to crash and wipe data. Terrible practice to make more money for app creators.

0 Likes