Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
How to cancel verizon prepaid and get refund
abhaya_jaiswal

I need guidance for cancellation of verizon prepaid plan. I have neither made a single call nor used any data from this plan till date.

Background:

Dec 29, 2018:     I purchased a $30 verizon prepaid plan from Target, and activated the same immediately [removed].

But later I decided not to use the same, as I had purchased the same for my mother, but she returned back to her home country.

Dec 31, 2018:     I contacted verison prepaid customer care, and requested them to cancel the plan and process refund.

I was told that they have initiated a request for cancellation which should take 4-5 days.

For faster resolution, I was recommended to visit Target (as I had purchased from Target).

The executive was not sure about refund process, as verizon did not have card/account details where refund can be processed.

Jan 7, 2019:       I contacted verison prepaid customer care, and requested them to cancel the plan and process refund.

I was told that cancellation to be initiated by Target and I was asked to visit Target.

The executive explained that since plan was purchased from store, verizon can not process refund (as verizon did not have card/account details)

Jan 13, 2019:       I visited Target (where I had purchased this plan).

I was told that Target does not have a process for cancellation and refund for verizon prepaid plan.

I was explained that Target does not have usage information for this plan.

Thus, I was recommended to contact verizon customer care.

Jan 14, 2019:       I contacted verison prepaid customer care, and requested them to cancel the plan and process refund.

I was told that cancellation and refund can not be processed, as I had purchased this from target.

I was further told that for online purchased cancellation is possible, but in my situation verizon does not have card/account details where refund can be processed.

I was also informed that same was explained to me during my conversation with verison prepaid customer care executive on Jan 7 2019!!! Also, as per their records, I agreed for the same resolution.

Ofcourse, when I requested for a copy of this record, I was explained that there is no provision of sharing this with customer.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to cancel verizon prepaid and get refund
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You can cancel by calling the prepaid customer service number at (888) 294-6804 or not adding funds to your account. Any unspent funds are forfeited.

Prepaid plans and service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Prepaid terms conditions | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I do apologize for the issues you have experienced with getting this prepaid account canceled and refunded, abhaya_jaiswal. I certainly will be more than happy to review what options we have for this account. I was able to send you a private message. Please feel free to respond to this private message at your earliest convenience so that I can assist further. Thank you.

BrettA_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
abhaya_jaiswal

As per suggestion, I had shared my contact details in private message 3 weeks ago.

When should I expect a call back?

0 Likes
deloused

I don’t know about a call back, but why would you want to keep waiting for one regarding a request for a refund when Verizon doesn’t offer refunds for prepaid?

Kashyrom

I have bought a prepaid card and would like an refund to pay my regular Verizon phone bill !!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for reaching out, we want to help in any way that we can. And welcome we are glad you have started a postpay account with us. Just to clarify, you want to cancel a prepay account is that right?

0 Likes