Online Prepaid Activation - no record of port request
followup

The online pre-paid activation (Activate Your Verizon Wireless Prepaid Phone) gives the option to port in a number from another carrier. I selected that option, filled out the forms, and successfully activated my phone.

The following day I called the VZ Porting center at (877) 567-4899 and discovered that there was no record of the port request.

I asked the rep from the port center to please inform technical support of the glitch, to prevent other customers from having the same problem. I also described the issue to a customer service representative over 'live chat'.

Neither rep was able to give a tracking number, trouble ticket, or any reference number to track this issue. How is followup possible?

After the 'live chat' I was given a a survey to fill regarding the 'live chat'. I answered the survey and requested that a log of the 'live chat' be emailed to me. The email never arrived. (Yes, I checked for it in my spam)

I hope that this forum is the best way to redress these issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Online Prepaid Activation - no record of port request
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like you been through enough frustration with trying to start pre-paid service followup. Unfortunately, we do not have access to pre-paid accounts. However, I would be happy to direct you to the correct department to further assist you in porting over your number to pre-paid service. You may contact our Pre-paid Customer Service Department at 877-777-5759.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Online Prepaid Activation - no record of port request
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like you been through enough frustration with trying to start pre-paid service followup. Unfortunately, we do not have access to pre-paid accounts. However, I would be happy to direct you to the correct department to further assist you in porting over your number to pre-paid service. You may contact our Pre-paid Customer Service Department at 877-777-5759.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes