Switch to Family Prepaid
Johnson0730

I plan to move my family from Page Plus to Verizon Prepaid but have several questions and have not had much luck finding complete answers online, at store or with a live chat. 

I have 5 lines all are iPhone 6 or 6s active on Page Plus (Verizon MVNO)

Want to do the Verizon Prepaid family plans

1. All lines have different renewal dates with Page Plus.  Do I need to get SIM cards for each phone and activate at the same time or activate one line and then add other lines as renewal dates come due?  If done in middle and I buy the SIM online how does it prorate?

2. Plan to port numbers how long does it usually take to port?

3. Do all plans have to be the same?

4. If no to 3 does the primary line have to be the more expensive plan or can it be the $40 and have other lines be the $50-$80 plan getting the bigger discounts for 2-5 lines?

5. We have an account setup for a jet pack that is not active (most likely never will be again) do I use that account or setup a new account for the prepaid?  Can I remove the jet pack from account if that is the one to use?

6. Can I set the account up to automatically charge credit card so I do not have to keep track?

7. Can we BYOD?

8. Would the next steps be ordering the SIM cards activating service then initiating port?

Any information you can provide is appreciated. Please feel free to let me know important items even if I was not smart enough to ask.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switch to Family Prepaid
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Questions about the prepaid plans should be directed to the prepaid customer service at 1.888.294.6804.

Is the Jetpack on a prepaid or postpaid account?

With the family prepaid plans, you are sharing one plan for all of the lines. If you need different allowances for each line, then they could be on separate plans or you could select a postpaid account and use Family Base feature to restrict the amount of data used by each line.

You can use BYOD if your phones are compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Johnoson0730 We definitely want to guide you in the right direction to receive assistance with joining our prepaid service. You can call our telesales number at 888-924-7937 to assist you with switching over. You can also call the number @Ann154 posted to receive assistance directly from our prepaid department. 

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Johnson0730

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Thank you for your response.  I have tried contacting the phone number for prepaid unfortunately every time I have tried the following.  I follow the prompts because I do not have a prepaid number (account #) I am only able to follow a few prompts when I go to the last prompt all it does is ring once and then nothing.  Actualy left phone on speaker on first ocasion for 30+ mins with nothing on the other end.

I would just like to get some answers and any help you can provide getting me the answers is appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnson0730, We're sorry to hear that this is taking so much of your time. We would love for you to be in the Verizon family. If you're unable to reach our sales team at: 800-256-4646, please visit a store near you: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/?intcmp=INT-SITESEARCH-REDIRECT-STORE

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes