Can't add data package by phone or web
MamaBirdKates
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to add an additional data package to my prepaid smartphone plan.  It used to be that I could call #3282 and add data by phone, but when I tried that this morning, there was no option to add a data package.  I also used to be able to add data from the website, but again, when i tried this morning there was no option to do so.  How am I supposed to add a data package?  And why on earth is it so hard to given Verizon my money?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't add data package by phone or web
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MamaBirdKates,

We never want you to have a difficult time adding the data you need! That's crucial. If you are still having trouble getting this added we would recommend reaching out to our prepaid team at 888-294-6804. They would be more than happy to assist you with getting that data very quickly.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MamaBirdKates
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the only way to add additional data packages now is to call the customer service number?  That's absolutely absurd.  I will definitely be switching carriers next week when my month is up.

mama23dogs
Legend

Snn5

any suggestions?

MamaBirdKates
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, there was finally a button on the website to add more data...but only AFTER my existing data was completely gone.  Which is of zero help if you have no data and no wifi (and if I had wifi, I wouldn't need data, sooo...).  There was still no ability to add by automated phone.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

TThat may be intentional because adding a new data package may zero out the previous pack

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Data from package one (monthly base) is used before package 2 (add-on data.)  From MY My Verizon page.Capture.PNG2.PNG

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MamaBirdKates, we want managing your account to be easy. For your convenience, you can also call our Prepaid Customer Service department at 888-294-6804 to assist you with adding that additional data plan.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes