Unrequested authorization codes being sent to an account manager's number.?
bryantlm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. My son is receiving authorization codes from Verizon. No member on our account is trying to do anything at all especially anything that could generate this. They are totally not initiated on our end. Example of texts received:  "Verizon msg: Your authorization code is (6 digits). For the security of your account, Verizon will never contact you for this code." How can I stop this? These appear to be legitimate.? Are they a sc**? Thanks for your help.

Re: Unrequested authorization codes being sent to an account manager's number.?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bryantim We definitely want your account to be secure. Have you gotten any other messages regarding any changes to the account? Have you changed your password as a precaution?  ~Peter

0 Likes
bryantlm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Peter. Yes to both questions. My 5 lines (including mine) have not received any since that I know of. We did get one prior on the same line. Thanks. bryantlm

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those additional details. Can you tell me who registered the online account? 

-Melissa

0 Likes
bryantlm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did my my account. My son started his.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. Just to be sure we understand, after the passwords were changed, there haven't been any more instances of those texts?

~Jesse

0 Likes
bryantlm
Enthusiast - Level 2

None for now. Thanks.

0 Likes