Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IP address
CMD5

My IP address has me located in Indianapolis, IN.  I am 287 miles away.  This screws up my location for streaming.  How can this be changed?

0 Likes
Re: IP address
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

CMD5, 

We want help you get this right. You can change your IP address in the system preferences for your network. Which operating system are you using to stream on that device? For example, are you using a Mac, Windows, Android, or iOS? 

-Lasina

0 Likes
Data5248

I think update 4 is suppose to fix that problem have you tried updating the Verizon box..  

0 Likes
CMD5

My Router firmware tels me it is up to date.

0 Likes
CMD5

Windows, however the problem is the router's IPAddress.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for confirming that for us. Have you already attempted to change your IP Address, and it was unable to yield any results?

*Robert

0 Likes
Data5248

update 4 is Software Version: 222146 Release date: 06/22/2022 does you router have that version. What's changing:

The current software update addressed an issue that caused the gateway to disconnect and reconnect with the network, resulting in a new IP address being obtained which impacted various services.

0 Likes
CMD5

I have a version installed 04-12-22.  When I check for a newer version, the message I get is that my firmware is up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there! Thank you so much for your patience. I would love to assist you with your router. Please send me a Private Message, so I can help.

*Ana

0 Likes
Data5248

That the problem we are all having,  not able to get the update. 

0 Likes