Bill Contains Unknown Number I Did Not Call
bradk7742

Over the course of several months a single number to Pine Ridge, SD, has appeared on my VZW bill each month. The call orginates from the same city in my state (which I do not live in nor visit). It appears almost daily and is for only one minute in duration each time. I called the number, and it is a voicemail that "is not setup correctly." Ironically, the calls continued from the location in my home state, while I was in Canada. It is not plausible that I made the calls on my device, since I was hundreds of miles away from the location for over a week. (Yes, my iPhone Xs was with me.) 

I am not charged for the calls; however, I am concerned that my number is being used for nefarious reasons. 

Any ideas of how to combat this ongoing issue? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Bill Contains Unknown Number I Did Not Call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@bradk7742 ,

Spam calls are rarely welcome, but an unknown number showing up in your call log is definitely something to find more about. Just to clarify, but is this number showing up as incoming or outgoing in the call records you are viewing? Is it at the same time of day each time? Do you share your Apple ID with any other user on your account? While we work together on this, I'd suggest blocking the number on your phone for now and see if any functions or applications start having issues afterwards: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206716/

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
bradk7742

Hello @russellm_vzw

The call always originates from Manchester, KY, to Pine Ridge, SD. Pine Ridge is the location of the strange number I do not recognize. The calls can originate early in the morning and/or late in the evening. Additionally, I do not share my Apple ID with anyone else, nor do I share my device. 

In the meantime, I will take your advice and block the number on my iPhone Xs.  Hopefully, that will correct the issue. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bradk7742, you're welcome and thank you for the helpful information you provided. We are glad to learn that you blocked the number and that you don't share your Apple ID with anyone. Please let us know if you see the same number on your call records again, so we can look into this issue a bit closer.  JacobV_VZW

0 Likes