Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Customer Retention Number?
BCRVZWCOM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a Customer Retention Department at Verizon?  I'd love to speak with someone that has the power to solve my frustrations.

Thank you,

Blake

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Customer Retention Number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BCRVZWCOM, we want to make sure that you're getting the support you need, so we can get your frustrations taken care of. So you get the proper assistance, what were your frustrations concerning?

KimberlyS_VZW

0 Likes
BCRVZWCOM
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is quite frustrating that Verizon doesn't seem to care about keeping current customers.  All of the promos offered on phones require a new line to be added.  I'm not under any contract so I can play the silly games and cancel my current line and add a new one to get the discount.

At the end of the day, this doesn't give Verizon any more business than before (maybe it helps meet some internal KPI on new lines added).  All that does is require me to switch my phone number on all my bank accounts, multi-factor authentication, etc. and cause a lot of headache.  As an alternative, I could switch to another carrier to get a discounted phone AND keep my same phone number.

Is it too much to ask to throw these same deals to current customers?

Apologies to @KimberlyS_VZW for venting my frustrations.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BCRVZWCOM,

I completely understand wanting to get the right promotion for your needs. While adding and dropping lines is not the intended function of the BOGO promotion, for the reasons you outlined in your response, Verizon does offer this as an promotion available to new and existing customers. Other providers will often require a port in to take advantage of the promotion.

The new line BOGO promotion is an industry-wide trend, so it is more important than ever to take advantage of things like trade-ins and no-requirement device discounts.

The great news for you is that right now is the best time of year to be shopping for smartphones. You can use the following link to stay updated on our shopping season promotions, which will be updated every couple of days for the next week or so: http://spr.ly/6586E8hTE

With Black Friday and Cyber Monday right around the corner, there is surely to be a great promotion for your needs. I hope this is helpful.

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sadiemom

@vzw_customer_support do you want to retain long time customers,really?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sadiemom, keeping our loyal customers is a priority. We hope that we have provided our customers with reliable service when they have needed it most. Your feedback on promotions is appreciated and will be reviewed. At this time all device promotions can be found on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/. Please select “Upgrade deals” at the top for the most deals for current customers interested in upgrading.

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes