How do I escalate a complaint?
Jaye2802

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for 18 whole days. In that time, I have an iPhone X that is has used 2G of data while it was on my home WiFi network. I asked if I could return the phone at day 16, I was told via customer service rep that I could. I get to the store and was told I can only exchange it. I exchange the phone for another iPhone and low and behold: it is STILL using celluar data event thoughI have turned celluar data OFF. I have spent over 5 hours dealing with customer service, the store, and chat representatives. All to be told....I don't know what is causing this. I have called Apple. I go to pay off the phone so I can leave Verizon all together, and am I told I can't because I can't pay off hte device until the bill cycles! That is a strong arming me! I have filed 2 FCC and FTC complaints. If they are doing this to me, how many other thousands of customers are they doing this to?

Also- I did upgrade to the so-called unlimited plan, which promptly throttle the service, thus making it a $1,000 paper weight.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I escalate a complaint?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were you manually turning off the cellular data?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jaye2802

Well downgraded my  from the X to the 8 plus after a huge fight with Verizon (apparently losing our business account is the best way to get them to work with you). IPhone 8 set up: all cellular daAt is off, and viola! still using what little is left on my plan! looks like they want us all on the beyond unlimited plan! Way to price gouge! So I now am the proud owner of a $800 paper weight

0 Likes
Jaye2802

Yes my cellular data has been off since 2/7/18

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I can repeat the check book analogy.... as well as the rest of previous posts....

Data isn’t reported live.  And Verizon doesn’t control your iPhone. (Please, Apple wouldn’t allow it).

And since you switched phones you no longer have an accurate data count.  You would have to add the data counted on a phone you no longer have, and the data on the one you do have. 

If iphone X said you used 2 gigs in settings under cellular usage, then you did.  If Verizon has the same totals then your phone is reporting correctly to Verizon.

If the second phone is reporting additional use, also inline with what Verizon is showing, then your phone used the data.

Until you can show the phone’s own data meter used far less than what Verizon has postedon your account, then you can’t point at Verizon.

Why do you think the phone is wrong?

What evidence do you have the phone isn’t using the data reported?  

Did you upgrade from a really old phone?  Because, these new big screen phones will use a lot of data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jaye2802, we want an opportunity to work with you to get a resolution. While mama23dogs has provided some good information, I have sent you a private message to further assist. 

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I hope it can be explained that data is not reported live and only the phone itself has an accurate record of data used.   Att reps are so poorly trained the spit out answers to data usage that are utterly ridiculous. 

0 Likes
ROBINZEUS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I knew I would find others out there with the same plan of lies being sold.  I was so very careful talking to the rep about jetpack plan, I had just gotten rid of my Xfinity because I could no longer afford and recently went through a bankruptcy, I am so angry about being treated like this and getting messages that we owe over $1000 to $2000!!!  It's 2018 and we all have choices and are used to getting what we agree to so this is unacceptable. 

0 Likes
ROBINZEUS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like only a lawyer and a lot of bad publicity for this company that we have paid for over 10 years!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Why should you take a jet pack knowing you had to pay for overage?  Cellular is NEVER a cheap option for home internet. 

0 Likes