Is VZWMail@ecrmemail.verizonwireless.com a scam email address?
billywitt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a data usage alert from VZWMail@ecrmemail.verizonwireless.com even though I don't have a Verizon account. Normally I would assume this was a simple phishing e-mail. Gmail does a great job at sorting all my scam emails into the spam folder. But this went into my normal inbox and it looks legitimate, so I thought it was worth asking. If this is a real Verizon email then this is a problem.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is VZWMail@ecrmemail.verizonwireless.com a scam email address?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Billywitt Thank you for notifying us of this issue with receiving VZW alerts. This happens when someone uses the wrong email address for their alerts. So many people have email usernames that are similar. If you contact customer service they can try to remove your email.
SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Billywitt Thank you for notifying us of this issue with receiving VZW alerts. This happens when someone uses the wrong email address for their alerts. So many people have email usernames that are similar. If you contact customer service they can try to remove your email.
SheritaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

billywitt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't find a contact email address for customer service on the website. Can you reply with the address please?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to get those emails to stop, billywitt. We actually have no email contact for Customer Service though. You can contact us at 800-922-0204 and we will be more than happy to help research your email address, so that it can be removed to stop you from getting those alerts.
StevenG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Is [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] a scam email address?
anotherstupidprofile
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is that a YES or NO? I have an email from same email address and Verizion Wireless has my correct email.

Re: Is [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] a scam email address?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Although this message thread is from 2015, I want to reply with a2019 update on that email address, anotherstupidprofile. 

The email addresses Verizon uses for emails are: VZWMail@ecrmEmail.VerizonWireless.com or donotreply@verizonwireless.com

These are valid messages that you are not able to reply to, but we will send information about your account from either one of these email addresses. We hope this information is helpful. 

TamaraH_VZW