What does HD Video Streaming on the new Unlimited plan mean?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I think I am finally getting my family off of my plan. I am weighing out if the unlimited plan is worth it for me.

It says HD Video streaming is included. Does this mean any or all of the following:

1.) If I stream Netflix through LTE does that usage count towards the 22GB limit which triggers prioritization?

2.) If I stream Hulu through LTE does that usage count towards the 22GB limit which triggers prioritization?

3.) If I stream YouTube through LTE does that usage count towards the 22GB limit which triggers prioritization?

These are the 3 video streaming apps that I use most. It would be nice if I knew for sure that using any or all of them doesn't count towards the usage which could end up getting me slowed down on a congested tower.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What does HD Video Streaming on the new Unlimited plan mean?
Weth
Legend

What the HD streaming means is you get the full resolution of the video without downgrading like T-mobile does, reducing video to 480P (at least they did until Verizon announced unlimited Sunday).  The data used does count against the 22 GB.

0 Likes
Re: What does HD Video Streaming on the new Unlimited plan mean?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Thanks. It is a little misleading.

T-Mobile gave unlimited video streaming at the lower rate. Of course you had to pay extra for that.

It is fine with me. I don't really do video streaming that much so I may end up with the 5GB for $55.

0 Likes