announcement 19
dietat

When I attempt to call my home phone, I receive "Announcement 19." Afterwards, I get these numbers: "139-101." What do I need to do to correct this situation?

Thanks for the help.

Lisa [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: announcement 19
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dietat,

It's our goal to make sure you're able to make phone calls to anywhere without an error. Is this an issue you experience calling from any phone or only from your Verizon Wireless cell?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dietat

Thank you for your response. I am only having a problem with Verizon. I

have a Verizon Wireless Home Phone. I purchased it approximately 9 years

ago.

If you need any more information, I will try to provide it.

Again, thank you for your help.

Lisa

0 Likes
dietat

I cannot call my land line from Skype. I get a message that says: "The

number that you have dialed has calling restrictions that have prevented

the completion of your call. Announcement 19. Switch 139-101." I am only

having this problem with Verizon. I have a Verizon Wireless Home Phone.

I purchased it approximately 9 years ago.

If you need any more information, I will try to provide it.

Thank you for your help.

Lisa

0 Likes
RD2SPT

I am also having this problem when receiving calls from the UK.  My UK number is forwarded to my VZW mobile when in the US, and this arrangement has worked well for years.   I’ve made no changes, and gone into MyVerizon to ensure that no international restrictions are in place. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you're not able to receive calls to your UK number as you did in the past, RD2SPT. We can look into this to see what's going on. What happens when someone calls your UK number while you are in the U.S.? When did this start? Has there been any updates to your phone?

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RD2SPT

When dialing my UK number (which is forwarded) from the US, “Welcome to Verizon Wireless.  The number you have called has been changed, disconnected or is no longer in service...”.

Incoming domestic calls are received as normal.

There red have been numerous iOS updates, however this is happening when I use a basic phone as well. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RD2SPT,

That would get old quickly. I know how important it is to make sure you can be reached no matter what. That calls work otherwise is a good sign. Do you know if you can receive calls directly to your US number from global numbers? Have you checked with your UK carrier to make sure the forwarding is set up correctly?

AndrewT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not being able to receive calls from this UK number is troubling, RD2SPT. We're still on the case. Is the number you're calling the UK number from the same one that it's being forwarded to, or is it being forwarded to a different Verizon number? What type of dialing sequence (i.e. +1 country code, phone number, etc.) are you using to call the UK number? Here's also a link that will provide dialing instructions from the U.S. to the UK to compare the dialing sequence you're using to: http://spr.ly/6581877tV

LynnD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RD2SPT

Please don’t insult me. Of course I checked this first! Can you explain why I’m getting a Verizon Wireless recording instead of British Telephone? I don’t think you do business as Verizon Wireless in the UK.

0 Likes