Re: How to set up Verizon.net email on the Apple iPad/ iPhone & iPod
Masimo1
Finally worked for me....go to settings, Verizon mail. Incoming... Pop.verizon.net. Outgoing... Smtp.verizon.net. Primary server.... Smtp.verizon.net on. Go to advanced....use SSL is on. Server port 995 for incoming and 465 for outgoing. Authentication...password
S/MIME. OFF
Works on ipad and iphone
0 Likes
Masimo1
You cannot get folders with Verizon.net email! I added a gmail acct.
0 Likes
pampereddotty
Enthusiast - Level 1

OKAY So there are LOTS of answers to this question which don't work because they do not include the full list of variables resulting in inconsistent results.  

The solution I am about to describe is SPECIFICALLY for YAHOO account holders whe's email address was later appropriated by verizon resulting in a username@verizon.net email address which was the case here with my mother's email.  The problem is two fold so you will need a browser first and your phone mail client second.

1. open the url:

http://yahoo.com

This can be done on the phone's browser or a computer but they must share the same WIFI or the same network IP

2. sign into yahoo account with your username@verizon.net email address and password.

*This MAY result in a CAPTCHA challenge.  If it does, you are addressing the first fold.  When the phone app tries to log into the yahoo account it can not respond to a CAPTCHA challenge and fails.

3. Resond correctly to the CAPTCHA challenge image if you are presented with one.  By doing so, you have validated your current network access point with Yahoo.

4. If you used your phone's browser, skip to step 5 otherwise...Connect your phone to the same WIFI your browser was using.  See your iPhone manual or apple website for instructions (  http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398 )

5.  Open Settings

6. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars

If you have a failed Verizon Mail Account in your accounts list, delete it before proceeding

7. Tap Add Account

8. Select Yahoo!

9. Name the Mailbox (MyVeizonYahooMail for instance)

10. Enter your VERIZON email address. ie. username@verizon.net

11. Enter your password.

Description should auto populate as Yahoo!

12. tap Next.

You should see a screen that has a list of services followd by on/off switches all turned on.

Mail, Contacts, calendars, notes, etc...

you're done.

To be clear:

The above solution was formulated on an iPhone 5

running iOS 6.1.3

as part of a Sprint Wireless family plan

This works on iOS mail for Yahoo email that was consumed by a Verizon highspeed internet account.

You must first validate your network IP from a browser so you can authenticate with CAPTCHA if required.

Once your network IP has been authenticated you can use the same network IP to attach your iPhone mail client.

You may or may not have to authenticate with CAPTCHA depending on your usage and location, but if you don't, and CAPTCHA sends a prompt, the iPhone can not answer the challenge.  

You will not see this and your connection will fail.

Better safe then sorry.

p2Bruce

Excellent post, Brad. Thank you for being so thorough. It really is reassuring to see every step and every setting included. I've seen other less detailed suggestions that always fail to work. Yours obviously was a better, more credible offering, and based on that first impression I tried it. Following your instructions exactly, I succeeded completely on the first attempt. Thanks again for doing us all a real service.

0 Likes
DreamTeam1

Brad1976. your detailed steps really worked!  It's funny how people put directions up for users to follow, but leave out important steps.  You included all the right steps and when I was finished, my emails poured in, GOD BLESS YOU!

0 Likes
ltcannon

I've tried all these instructions and am getting nowhere . . .

My software version is iOS 6.1.3.

When entering the mail account information, there are no options for changing port numbers or any advanced settings.

0 Likes
Cardertrip

I just tried this with my Aunt's new iphone 4s and it worked perfectly. The default for the incoming was pop.verizon.net and for the outgoing server was smpt.verizon.net. I changed to respectively to incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net and they both work perfectly now. Thanks Depagter for the Tip!!

0 Likes
exitnine

but i really got a question, i be able to setup verizon.net to my iphone5 & mini ipad, but it won't sync, like if i download the mail to my iphone and delete, it still show up on my ipad mini, as well as if i do the webmail.

any idea how to get it sync. like using hotmail on iphone?

thanks.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@exitnine wrote:

but i really got a question, i be able to setup verizon.net to my iphone5 & mini ipad, but it won't sync, like if i download the mail to my iphone and delete, it still show up on my ipad mini, as well as if i do the webmail.

any idea how to get it sync. like using hotmail on iphone?

thanks.

You need to set your email to NOT save downloaded email on the server.  This is a standard POP3 setting for any email client.  It appears the way you have it set it will only delete the copy on your iPhone.  Be aware that since this setting deletes the email from the server when you download it, it will be gone from the server and not be available on other devices or the web, only on the device you first read it on.

0 Likes
Perrianne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot access my email or send email from my iphone.  What are the setings I need on my phone inorder to access,