Unable to unlock verizon/yahoo email or reset password
LarryC99
Enthusiast - Level 2

My email account got locked while traveling abroad on Jan 1, 2018. I contacted both Yahoo and Verizon customer support but have not been able to resolve this issue. I believe that my yahoo email account is served by Verizon as attempts to unlock the account from Yahoo site always takes me to Verizon login page. Unfortunately, the Verizon site has no means to proceed with account unlock after yahoo texted security key to reset the email account.

I found several forum users had similar Verizon/yahoo email issue since 12/17/17. My first contat with Verizon Customer Service on Jan 2nd had confirmed my yahoo email was served by Verizon via remote desktop to my PC but he was not able to fix it and asked me to contact Yahoo. Unfortunately Yahoo Customer Service repeatedly instructed me to contact Verizon for my email issue. Its web page to reset password or unlock account continue to display both Verizon and Yahoo logo.

I tried contacting Verzion Customer Service again on Jan 12th but unfortunately still resolve this issue. Your help to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated as this yahoo email account was by primay email for past 20 years.

0 Likes
49 Replies
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
TroyP1

Outlook stopped sending and receiving last week. Can't get any messages. Can't long on to yahoo.com saying my password is not valid. When trying to reset it provides someone else email address to recover password from, but have no idea whos email address that is. HELP!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TroyP,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
DMACK100

Same issue. I CAN receive my verizon.net emails via Outlook using
incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

BUT, cannot login with a browser. The yahoo login is ok with the verizon.net email, but won't take my password. I have tried several verizon.net emails & get the same result. I know my password(s) are correct, but pressing the link "forgot password" gets nowhere. Verizon support online was no help.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DMACK100,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

Login to Verizon.com, click on where it says HI and your name to go into the Profile for the Verizon.com website. Go down to Security then Change Password and change the Verizon Password from a Password that DOES use a Special Character to one that DOES NOT… Then log out and back in confirm that the password change has worked and then go to the Verizon.yahoo.com website and login.

Please reply here to let us know if this corrected the issue. Thanks!

0 Likes
jmgiles1

I am also unable to login to my verizon/yahoo email. I need help ASAP!

Please escalate this to an Agent.

Thank you

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jmgiles1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Mortisha1

I also can’t get into my Verizon/yahoo account on my phone or laptop. Can’t reset password bc it keeps taking to me to Verizon main page.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mortisha,

Have you tried this:

Login to Verizon.com, click on where it says HI and your name to go into the Profile for the Verizon.com website. Go down to Security then Change Password and change the Verizon Password from a Password that DOES use a Special Character to one that DOES NOT… Then log out and back in confirm that the password change has worked and then go to the Verizon.yahoo.com website and login.

0 Likes
alemaps

I also can’t get into my yahoo account on my phone or laptop. Can’t reset password bc it keeps taking to me to Verizon main page.  I tried doing what LawerenceC suggested and it didn't work.  Tried calling Verizon and was told the average wait time was between 2 hrs and 56 mins and 4 hrs and 7 mins.  I can access my verizon email but not my yahoo.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi alemaps,

0 Likes
CatherineCorrad

I am having this problem as well. I am trying to change the password on my verizon.net account, and the veizon login portal isnot helpful at all. I have had verizon and a verizon email for many years, and this is my main email address. 

i have called verizon as well as yahoo, and nobody has been helpful.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CatherineCorrad,

0 Likes
marvinnancy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue as everyone else.  My email won't take my password and when I try to reset it, it directs me to the verizon page.  It's an endless loop.  I need to have access to my email.  

0 Likes
marvinnancy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well this got me nowhere. Yahoo had been no help either. I just get form emails back from them.  It’s ridiculous. I have no access to my email now.

0 Likes
LarryC99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, marvinnancy:

Sorry to hear to are having similar problem as I did.

The problem I had was resolved by Yahoo after 4 frustrating weeks. I finally able to reach Yahoo email tech support via Yahool Forum. See my postings on 1-26-18 and 2-10-18 on my procedure to reach Yahoo support.

Larry

lgiannotti1

I am having the same problem with my Verizon/Yahoo account. I am stuck in the reset password loop and cannot get into my email. Can someone please help?

0 Likes
jktmslagle

I'm having the same issue- I'm locked out of the verizon.net yahoo account and it keeps sending me over to my "my verizon" account with no luck.  Can you please help me?  I've had this email address for several years and its our main email used to communicate with my daughter's college.  Please help me.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jktmslagle,

0 Likes
danadiorio

This seems to be a common issue. My husband's account is locked, when we try to recover it, it redirects to verizon. We have no idea where it got linked, verizon is no help and tell us to contact Yahoo and yahoo is no help state contact verizon. My husband uses this account all the time and is really stressed and frustrated.  Such big companies with a common problem and no resolution and difficult to little costumer service. Any resolution or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes