Re: Verizon.net Email Login Issue
sraze

Please tell me what worked, Same problem, don't know what to do.

0 Likes
Re: not receiving email
Fredd11
Enthusiast - Level 2

By explicit I meant: SMTP.verizon.net . My original account setting was just verizon.net for the SMTP server and relied on the Apple email client to provide the SMTP which apparently stopped working. The ultimate fix for that and other problems appears to be getting a new password generated by AOL via their account security login settings page.

0 Likes
turka02

Thanks to everyone -- was driving me crazy, on my laptop I followed the suggestions for generating an app password.  followed the prompts, called the app Outlook, cut and paste generated pwd into the account settings in outlook and a months worth of emails are currently recieving/sending.  I did not change any other settings.

0 Likes
Rys1

The best post so far. I was going crazy as well with all the above misleading posts until this.

It is true. AOL changed something in security settings.

Regular pswd is not working for the apps anymore.

My client (Thunderbird) was working until recently.

Without warning they changed the rules and now you need app password generated by mail.aol.com (web client).

After entering this generated password (copy/paste) all is working ok.

Thanks people for the community effort to fix this nonsense.

0 Likes
TimF2022

Same problem - browser works but Samsung, iPhone and PC Outlook not working.

Went to add a App Password through Google but it won't allow me to set one up without turning on 2-step verification which I don't want to do. Any way to work around this?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon.net Email Login Issue
Jwsoucy1

I am having the same problem.

What is the deal with info about a 3rd party password ???

0 Likes
upset31

Was there a solution to this problem?

0 Likes
AOL mail broken again
AOL-mail-stinks

Once again, AOL has broken access to my verizon.net email account. This is the 3rd time in less than 6 months. Today, for NO REASON, my home PC (Windows 10) and both iPhones stopped downloading email.

Previously it happened to my home PC 2x but the iPhones continued to work. Today all 3 stopped. I was able to access the email account online (web access) and saw the usual collection of emails.

During the last go-around, I had to call into AOL mail support. Took 3 levels of tech support and remote control of my PC for a "fix" to be implemented (app-specific password) to reinstate local email access for my Windows PC. I was also informed that in the future I would have to pay for their "support". Great company, break something and then charge to have it fixed.

Not sure what the outcome of today's fiasco will be. But I am not happy with this mickey mouse outfit and I will NOT be paying anything for future "support" from them.

0 Likes
Re: AOL mail broken again
Fredd11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I had the same experience with my Apple email client and iPhone password not being accepted (except if I used it to login to their website). The solution was to let AOL generate a new password for your account(s), copy and paste that password into your email client account settings on your computer and iPhone. I have not had a problem since.

0 Likes
Manhawk

Just sharing my experience.  I've had a verizon.net email address for years which converted over to AOL.  I've been using the Samsung email app on my Samsung mobile phone with no problem for years.  Suddenly on 1/24/22 my emails stopped sync-ing on my phone and I couldn't send any either.  I had not changed any settings and was completely frustrated for the past few days.  I access my emails on my laptop via the AOL Mail website.  After researching to troubleshoot, I changed my AOL Mail website password and then updated the same password in my email phone server settings.  Still no emails sync-ing on my phone.  Then I removed my verizon.net email account on my phone and added it back.  While adding it back I selected the AOL logo which I think activates the updated secure sign-in capabilities.  Success!  And the email server settings on my phone were updated automatically during the process.  I am now thinking I may not have had to change my password, but I'm happy to have email restored on my phone.  Thanks for everyone sharing their ideas which helped prompt me to try some options.  For what it's worth, I had received an email from AOL several month back saying they were implementing security changes effective 12/20/21, but I could not tell if it applied to my situation.  The email was clear as mud.  Since 12/20 passed with no issues, I thought all was ok.  No such luck as the ramifications kicked in about a month later.  Good luck to others dealing with this unexpected situation.

0 Likes