How do I get my voice mail to show up as visual voice mail?
blueiris717

How do I get my voice mail to show up as visual voicemail?  I have to check my voice mails the old school way by calling the number and entering my password and listening to everything in order.  I want to be able to see it on the screen and click which one to hear. My old iPhone did this, so I know it is possible.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Voicemail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional information blueiris717. This will help us get to the bottom of your voicemail concerns. Did you recently update the software on your phone? Has Visual Voicemail ever worked successfully on your phone? Have you tried to re-set up the Visual Voicemail on your phone? Please follow the steps below to set up Visual Voicemail.

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Phone > Voicemail.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Tap Set Up Now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Enter a password then tap Done.
The password must be between 4-6 digits in length.
4. Re-enter the password then tap Done.
5. Tap Custom to record a greeting.
To use a Verizon default greeting, tap (check) Default.
6. Tap Record to begin.
7. When finished, tap Stop.
8. Tap Save.

Keep us updated if you are still experiencing difficulties with Visual Voicemail.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
blueiris717,

Well this is concerning and we don't want your visual voicemail to be an issue! Which model iPhone do you have now? What do you see when you go to the voicemail section in your phone app?

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
blueiris717

I have an iPhone 5s. When I click the voicemail icon, it starts dialing my voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional information blueiris717. This will help us get to the bottom of your voicemail concerns. Did you recently update the software on your phone? Has Visual Voicemail ever worked successfully on your phone? Have you tried to re-set up the Visual Voicemail on your phone? Please follow the steps below to set up Visual Voicemail.

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Phone > Voicemail.
2. Tap Set Up Now.
3. Enter a password then tap Done.
The password must be between 4-6 digits in length.
4. Re-enter the password then tap Done.
5. Tap Custom to record a greeting.
To use a Verizon default greeting, tap (check) Default.
6. Tap Record to begin.
7. When finished, tap Stop.
8. Tap Save.

Keep us updated if you are still experiencing difficulties with Visual Voicemail.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
0 Likes