Why can't I send an mms message after turning off wi-fi?
buttonbag

I'm trying to conserve data so I turned off Cellular Data from the menu and have been connecting via wifi only. Now, I can't send or receive MMS messages (photos or group texts). Is there a fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turned off data and now can't send MMS (photos or group text)
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the 'fix' is to turn on your cellular data.  Multimedia texts (picture or group texts) won't send/receive over wi-fi, they require a mobile data connection.  However, they count against your text package, not your data plan.

I'm usually connected to wi-fi, so keep my mobile data turned off until needed, such as when sending/receiving multimedia texts.  It's not that big a deal for me to turn it on briefly so that those texts can be sent/received.

View solution in original post

Re: Turned off data and now can't send MMS (photos or group text)
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the 'fix' is to turn on your cellular data.  Multimedia texts (picture or group texts) won't send/receive over wi-fi, they require a mobile data connection.  However, they count against your text package, not your data plan.

I'm usually connected to wi-fi, so keep my mobile data turned off until needed, such as when sending/receiving multimedia texts.  It's not that big a deal for me to turn it on briefly so that those texts can be sent/received.