Someone else is receiving my calls….
crozb

For the last two weeks a man has been sporadically receiving my calls. I can still see the call in my log but it says “answered on other device”. I have reached out to Verizon three times.

The first time they disabled call forwarding (which I didn’t even know was on why would I ever use that?)

The second time they turned off conditional call forwarding. When I asked what that was the agent in chat said “to trick people into answering”.

The third time, they gave zero options except for receiving a new number. I do NOT want a new number and should not have to get one because of Verizon’s issues.

This is clearly an issue for others as well as there is at least one other thread about this. I have also tried *73 and *920.

I have put in multiple hours trying to resolve this and am very frustrated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Someone else is receiving my calls….
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear about the frustration with someone else receives your call on the sporadic basis and about the trouble you're having with the steps being given and that seemingly do not help the situation, Crozb. I noticed you mentioned you tried to do some things on your own to no avail. Let's look further into this issue and see what's going on. When you're making a call, does it go to the number you specified or to a number that it might forward to the unwanted number? Are you using your contact list to complete a call and then learn it is going to the unwanted number? This information can help us isolate the issue and try to narrow it down beyond what was attempted. 

-Ed

0 Likes
crozb

Ed -

no - when people to try to call me it goes to someone else. I can see the call on my call log and it looks as if I have answers it but it says “answered on other device”

I have reached out to Verizon three times already as stated above. What solution are you offering?

This is clearly a large issue for you all as I have seen many other forums regarding the same exact issue.

was there a data leak that Verizon is not telling anyone about? Something had to have happened for this many people to be affected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crozb, I definitely understand the concern that calls are seemingly being answered by another device. Let's get your account pulled up, so we can get some details. Please respond to the Private Note. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
Harlow22

I am having the same problem. I see this has been an issue for others for at least as far back as 2019. I have also had several custom service calls about this. Call forwarding was disabled even though, like others, was not using it. A Verizon rep was supposed to call me today to follow up but never did. I shouldn't need to list all of the ways this has caused problems for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Harlow22, let me send you a private message, so we can fix this issue>Sophie

0 Likes
sunflowerinva

I am having the same problem: Someone else is receiving my calls when people dial my cell phone number. So I dialed my cell phone number from a land line -- and talked to the person who is receiving calls dialed to my Verizon cell phone number. He is a T-Mobile customer, and I have his phone number. And, no, my call forwarding is not turned on, and I have sent the star-commands to end forwarding in case it was activated. I need a technical person at Verizon to investigate why my number and the other person's T-Mobile numbers are getting crossed. I've had my same cell phone number for the past 10 years. Verizon, please DM me so that I can share the other person's name and his cell phone number. Thank you, Michele

0 Likes
amber247

I recently started having the same exact issue. Were you able to get this issue resolved?

I spent several hours on the phone today and they were not able to figure out the problem. It seems the other number also gets my calls and if they answer it shows up in my call history as "answered on other device."  

0 Likes
hellohello4

Hi - i am having this exact same issue. I have tried to disable call forwarding, i have called customer service twice and their advice is just to disable forwarding again.  Could i please have additional support for this? I have a significant number of 2FA accounts that can be verified by a phone call code so it is dangerous. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon hellohello4, thank you for reaching out the Social Media Team, I am sorry to hear that the call forwarding is not working properly. Our goal is to provide you with the best experience. Please, send us a Private Note, so we can address all your concerns. Verizon is always here to help!

>Diana

0 Likes